Saturday, August 1, 2015

Jul 2015 Portfolio


This month I experienced the worst volatility so far since I started my portfolio. The main reason is caused by Greece Crisis, and hugh sell down in ShangHai Exchange. Even when the Chinese government pumped in billion of dollars couldnt help stablised the stock market. Singapore is affected by this and in a sell off mode :(

This month I added Noble into my portfolio.
Its another blue chip but not the one I find it stable because its a cyclical business dealing with commodities. Being a cyclical stock, you cannot judge it based on the PE which is at a screaming high of 30! It is now trading at 6 years historic low and very close to the Lehman Bro's price. Of course, this may not be a good reason to buy because the business is still not doing well. After I bought it, Noble nose dive to about -30%! Tough luck! and I thought it had stablised already :( Also its very much against the principle that I used to follow. But, its for the long term and it will be fine. I am collecting it as it is a blue chip listed in STI index and consistently paying out dividends for 10 years. Now, we just have to wait for its business to turn around :)

STI vs my portfolio

My portfolio ended in the negative region :(

PeriodSTIMy Portfolio (Realised)Verdict
Jan 20152.71%3.21% I win
Feb 20152.41%2.16% I lose
Mar 20153.31%0.62% I lose
Apr 20156.02%4.18% I lose
May 20153.31%3.84% I win
Jun 20150.90%1.14% I win
Jul 2015-2.41%-3.83% I lose
Total 17 stocks in portfolio

Dividend
This month dividends start to dwindle abit after the bountiful harvest last month.
Checkout my Dividend history

Dividend Stock Tracker
I keep track of good SGX dividend stocks such as 10 years consistent SGX dividend stocks, REITs, Business Trusts, etc with real time information update. Checkout the link below:
Checkout my Dividend Tracker

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jimmy,

    Nobel gives me fond memory. I have it when it was still a $2+ stock. But I think there is very high chance that Nobel will get kick out of the STI components in Sep...

    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea heard it may be drop out of sti
      The sell off was so strong

      Delete
  2. Why not have a stop loss even if it is a blue chip, cause we may never know? The price went down for a reason, as a retailer we do not have first hand knowledge like institutional player. We can always get back in, when it go lower. Look at COSCO, it drop from 7$ to now just 38c. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i buy for dividends
      10/8 they are releasing results and audit findings
      lets hope for the best!

      Delete