Saturday, April 18, 2020

When To Sell?

I created this page with an empty content in 2015 because back then I didn't know when I want to sell my stocks as I was holding a long term view of collecting dividends in my portfolio. Just last year, I was selling some profitable penny stocks as I decided to focus on blue chips, large cap stocks and REITs only. Well, this covid19 crisis finally made me realised what was my selling conditions but I wished it was during the bull market days. During Mar 2020, the selling from covid19 crisis was hard and fast as I watched in awe over my paper losing portfolio everyday. Then I wanted to make best use of this crisis to collect really cheap dividend stocks and so I decided to sell those stocks which were still in the green but was collecting low dividends. This move helped me raised some cash over this once in a lifetime opportunity as I channeled my fund into cheaper and higher dividend stocks. Well, that was my selling condition that time. But things were in much better shape if I sell these profitable stocks during the bull market instead.

Stay Safe, Invest Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment