Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Aug 2015 Portfolio


This month's volatility is a continuation of Jul's. Market still affected by ShangHai stock market crash and STI has fallen by 10%. To add matter worst, China devalue its yuan currency sending large stock market decline all over the world. At one time, STI was -90 points or 3% down in just 1 day. Looks like we are in the bear market and will continue to be like this for weeks.

24 Aug 2015 is known as 'Black Monday' as the global market crashed, with Dow Jones opening with -1000 points down but recovered to close at -500 down. Then the last week of Aug, we see market recovering fast for a few days. Short covering? We are in for the volatility and I think we are in a confirmed bear market.

This month I added StarHub into my portfolio.
Market has been pretty volatile these days. Lots of blue chips have fallen by quite a lot. I have been picking up more blue chips lately. My latest purchase is StarHub. I have been wanting to buy it for sometime for it is a great dividend generator with a stable telco business.

STI vs my portfolio

My portfolio ended in the negative region :(

PeriodSTIMy Portfolio (Realised)Verdict
Jan 20152.71%3.21% I win
Feb 20152.41%2.16% I lose
Mar 20153.31%0.62% I lose
Apr 20156.02%4.18% I lose
May 20153.31%3.84% I win
Jun 20150.90%1.14% I win
Jul 2015-2.41%-3.83% I lose
Aug 2015-10.54%-9.07% I win
Total 18 stocks in portfolio

Dividend
This month dividends came in for quite a handful of companies or stocks. Cash is king in these times.



Checkout my Dividend history

Dividend Stock Tracker
I keep track of good SGX dividend stocks such as 10 years consistent SGX dividend stocks, REITs, Business Trusts, etc with real time information update. Checkout the link below:
Checkout my Dividend Tracker

2 comments:

  1. I like your verdict column. Entertaining way of portraying the win and loss of your portfolio against the STI.

    ReplyDelete